Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Homemade Princess Playwear for Disney World!

One of the wonderful things about home education is being able to work our schedule around traveling.  My daughter will be going with her Grandparents to Disney World in a few weeks and I won't need to pull her out of school and she won't miss any of her work.  
Gage's Mom came across an awesome idea to create functional dress up play wear to wear to Disney World!  I wanted to share this idea for all of you wonderful people who know how to SEW ;) 

She made a Disney princess themed dress for each day they will be at Disney World! They even have tags that say, “Grandma made it”!  There is also a Minnie Mouse dress too that is amazing.  I’ve never really been a huge fan of the princess dresses they sell in the store.  They are scratchy, you need to wear them over clothes, and they are expensive!  This is such a great idea for some fully functional princess clothing that your little girl can wear anywhere! I’ll be sure to share some photos of my daughter wearing them as soon as they get back from their trip.
Sewing is something I've tried a time or two in my life but I still could not sew something on my own.  I think maybe in a year or two I'll start doing some sewing lessons with Zoe so that we can both learn!
As soon as I find it I'll post a link to a post that inspired her to make these as well as any other helpful tips on how you can make them on your own. 

1 comment:

  1. These are adorable. Did you ever find the link to the post that inspired as well and helpful tips to make them? Would love to make some for my daughter and her upcoming trip. Thanks

    ReplyDelete